The Commission on Christian Stewardship shall be responsible for promoting fund raising and deferred giving for Convention projects; for funding new church development; for oversight of the aided church program; for developing and raising the Convention’s share of the American Baptist Mission Budget and Institutional Support Process, in cooperation with the Division of World Mission Support; and for mission education, in cooperation with the Commission on Discipleship Ministries.
- Reminder to Church Treasurers deadline for 2016 Mission Giving is January 9,2017
- Retired Ministers & Missionaries Offering is received during the month of December this offering is a Thank You to retired ministers and missionaries for their years of service. Promote this offering so they receive a generous thank you check next year. This offering is also available as an emergency fund for pastors in need.
- Big Thank You for supporting OGHS WV Flood Relief to date we have received $187,716.
2016 World Mission Offering
2016 World Mission Offering Received as of Dec. 6, 2016: $386,161
Read December Update Mission Matters Dec 2016
Mountain State Mission Offering
Mountain State Mission Offering State Goal: $280,000
Received to date as of December 6,2016: $227,590
100% of this offering supports the mission and ministries of the West Virginia Baptist Convention. Without your support, we could not empower and enable the local church to do together what they cannot do alone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.879.9822 to order offering envelopes or colored bulletin inserts.
West Virginia Missionary Partners
Help us raise support for newly endorsed missionaries, Juan and Denise Aragon as they prepare to serve in Mexico by August 2017. Send a one time gift or put them in your churches budget for 2017.
- JD and Rhonda Reed and family have returned to Cochabamba, Bolivia. They are living in Cochabamba and also working at House of Hope in Santa Cruz.
- Keith and Debbie Myers are in Puebla,Mexico and will be on home assignment summer of 2017.
- Debbie Mulneix is back in WV living in Philippi contact her to come nd visiti your church in 2017. Contact Lisa Simmons at 304.273.9693 to schedule her visit.
Remember to support them directly through your 2016 World Mission Offering. For addresses or prayer cards call Joan at 304.422.6449. For the lastest journals and projects go to www.internationalministries.org
2015 Annual Report of Mission Support – Look up how your church compares to others in the convention.
Our Mission Team
John Simmons: Associate Executive Minister, Missions and Administration; email: email@example.com
Lisa Simmons: Associate in Mission Support; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Hall: Administrative Assistant, Mission Support; email: email@example.com
Contact our Mission Team at 304.422.6449
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.