The Commission on Christian Stewardship shall be responsible for promoting fund raising and deferred giving for Convention projects; for funding new church development; for oversight of the aided church program; for developing and raising the Convention’s share of the American Baptist Mission Budget and Institutional Support Process, in cooperation with the Division of World Mission Support; and for mission education, in cooperation with the Commission on Discipleship Ministries.
- The America for Christ Offering is received during the month of March. Tell your congregation.
- 29% stays in West Virginia for the mission and ministries of the West Virginia Baptist Convention.
- 59% supports American Baptist Home Mission Society, with 20% coming directly to Neighborhood Action Program (NAP) Christian Centers. Our Weirton Christian Center is one of these centers that receives monthly support.
- 12% supports the offering promotional and deputation costs. State Goal: $120,000
- A big “thank you” for supporting the One Great Hour of Sharing West Virginia Flood Relief. Year to date: $189,476.
Mountain State Mission Offering
Mountain State Mission Offering State Goal: $280,000
2016 Year to date total: $255,112. Thank you for your continued support.
2017 materials will be mailed in April.
100% of this offering supports the mission and ministries of the West Virginia Baptist Convention. Without your support, we could not empower and enable the local church to do together what they cannot do alone.
E-mail email@example.com or call 304.422.6449 to order offering envelopes or colored bulletin inserts.
West Virginia Missionary Partners
Help us raise support for newly endorsed missionaries, Juan and Denise Aragon as they prepare to serve in Mexico by August 2017. Send a one time gift or put them in your church budget for 2017.
- J.D. and Rhonda Reed and family have returned to Cochabamba, Bolivia. They are living in Santa Cruz and also working at House of Hope in Santa Cruz.
- Keith and Debbie Myers are in Puebla, Mexico and will be on home assignment the summer of 2017.
- Debbie Mulneix is back in West Virginia, living in Philippi. Contact her to come and visit your church in 2017. Contact Lisa Simmons at 304.273.9693 to schedule Debbie’s visit.
Remember to support them directly through World Mission Offering. For addresses or prayer cards call Joan at 304.422.6449. For the latest journals and projects go to www.internationalministries.org.
2016 Annual Report – Look up how your church compares to others in the convention.
Our Mission Team
John Simmons: Associate Executive Minister, Missions and Administration; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Simmons: Associate in Mission Support; e-mail: email@example.com
Joan Hall: Administrative Assistant, Mission Support; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Mission Team at 304.422.6449
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.